Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Mondays! and Recipe!

It doesn't feel like Monday today, which is good I suppose, because Mondays aren't my favorite. But today I have major energy (I was majorly lacking energy last week, blah) and I have tons of fun new projects to work on and a few nice ones to finish up!

Once in a while my American roots crave some real sticky bbq goodness. On Saturday we satisfied this craving with some huge savory sticky ribs, home fries, zucchini salad, and super expensive imported American BBQ sauce, hahaha (can't believe I spent 9 dollars on a bottle, outrageous!) and enjoyed a glass of red too. yum!

DSC_0391

DSC_0393

Sticky Ribs:
I prefer to par-boil my ribs instead of slow cooking them in the oven on low temperature to insure they become gorgeously tender and stay juicy, not dry. Boiled them in water seasoned with salt of course but also bay leaves, garlic, onion, and whole black peppar corns for 2 whole hours. Once tender they got a slathering of sticky sauce and were thrown under the grill setting in the oven at 200 celsius for about 15  minutes on both sides, so the sauce gets gorgeously caramelized. Ribs are like meat candy!

Home Fries:
Cut large potatoes into wedges, slather on a good coating of oil, sprinkle with salt and peppar. I make sure to align all of the wedges with the skin side down to ensure they are cooked evenly and so that they don't get stuck to the pan, they all get perfectly golden and delicious this way. I also bake them with the fan setting on the oven at 175 celsius so they are crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. When potatoes are made like this, it is difficult to stop yourself from eating all of them up.

Zucchini Salad:
Super easy, simple accompaniment to very rich food. (One needs something that is fresh, and salad is not my favorite, soooo incredibly boring!) Peel the zucchini length wise with a potato peeler, leaving out the seeds once you get to the middle. Salt rather heavily, drain the water once the long strips go soft. Drizzle with olive oil, red wine vinegar, peppar and chili flakes. Done.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

bon appetit!

I love when you post your food pictures and recipes!